Thread: Please share this on your Soical Media

Default Please share this on your Soical Media

My friend and brother firefighter Joel is still dealing with a very long recovery. The collateral effect on his family has been significant. He has not worked in two years and has 3 children under 6 yrs old. He volunteered his professional services as a firefighter. Not one of the promoters or big hitters have stepped up (Penske). There is no doubt the big man in Bloomfield Hills is turning his cheek on this atrocity.
    His story is finally getting some coverage...

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...55364951-story

Question

Complete BS! The Grand Prix folks have been asking me to volunteer
    as well, I'm not. I hope Joel wins his legal battle and in the mean time
    gets the support he & his family deserve & need.

Any fund raisers planed for him?

There have already been a few
    http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...10124590-story

Joel has not been able to pay his bills.... and even though he was promised his medical bills would be paid for they have not.... he really got hurt bad.... they did not mention a broken spine & closed head injuries.
    He had no choice but to seek legal assistance for a law firm... I can tell you the first months of his accident he would not even cash the checks people gave him, and seeking legal help was the last thing he wanted to do..... hoping he comes out on top with his law suit.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Gearbox View Post
    There have already been a few
    http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...10124590-story

Joel has not been able to pay his bills.... and even though he was promised his medical bills would be paid for they have not.... he really got hurt bad.... they did not mention a broken spine & closed head injuries.
    He had no choice but to seek legal assistance for a law firm... I can tell you the first months of his accident he would not even cash the checks people gave him, and seeking legal help was the last thing he wanted to do..... hoping he comes out on top with his law suit.

Completely understandable, you have to what you have to do,
    including hiring a bill collector (Attorney). Joel & his family will
    be in our prayers. Please keep us posted.

Forum Member

Fucking pricks. Someone needs to sign a check...

Without the volunteers there is no event... should the union or someone else not have him covered at least as well since he was technically on duty?

That job is a grueling one. The track rescue guys head downtown about 4am and stay until ALL racing is done for the day.... they get back late....10-12pm.... barley any time for even a pee or food break.... This job is from thursday to sunday, no back up crews. The rule is they can go anywhere they want, as long as its in arms reach of the truck.... don't forget these guys not only do track rescues for the major drivers but all the corporate executives that get to race around the track in factory performance vehicles (they smash them up too.) The trucks are called MERV's and the track has maybe 6 MERV's... each person has a job, one is a medic, one extinguishes any fire, one uses cutting tools/jaws, one is the crew chief that directs the rescue... the truck is always parked in a position to block/protect the rescue workers & drivers.

That is insane. The sad thing is, with the money everyone has paid their lawyers, they probably could have already taken care of him like they should have.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

I saw this story on the news the other night. Terrible. I'll keep him in my thoughts.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Thread Information