Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Nokooler's Foxbody

Quote Originally Posted by my89notchback View Post
    Just my opinion, but unless you are in love with the 94 and up style, I would keep plugging away at what you have. I'd say it seems pretty decent for what you've done. And don't sell anything because you are getting married. It's too hard to get another later!!!
    I've been thinking about selling it lately... but it's paid for and owes me nothing. Luckily I've set myself up with 3 potential fun cars if anything goes south, and seeing how prices friggin sky rocketed(in my opinion) this year with fun cars, I'll fix the rust and hold on to it.

Minor Update.

I drive this to work, almost every day. The Stang managed to get me stranded at work while no a job, my fiance helped me pull start it to get it home. It sounded like the starter was spinning and not engaging. I put longer bolts in starter and this seemed to fix my issue on Saturday. Sunday, I go to my bank(30minutes away) and I get the same issue, after it had worked all day on Saturday. My brother had not left for the drag strip so he was able to get me pulled started. A simple conversation of "want to ride with me to the drag strip?" turned into, "30minutes to change the starter and we both can go". ONCE AGAIN the lady at Advance Auto had gotten me the wrong one, we put the starter in anyways, it didn't work because it had solenoid on it, I have a fender mount. We got the proper one, and I got money back , and we went to the drag strip.

12.8@108 with a low 1.80 60ft all day. Microsquirt is here on the kitchen counter waiting to be installed .
    I've got 3-4 in car video, of my brother waxing my ass. They'll be up shortly.

Badass times. .....it's always something.
    Rick
    1993 Mustang LX Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Badass times. .....it's always something.
    Thanks Rick!!! I'm happy with it now, it's finally coming along.

I went to the track today, only made 1 pass. I have a March Alternator Bracket Kit, the first pass I broke a grade8 bolt for the belt tension and ran a personal best again.
    12.78 @ 109mph with a 1.86 60ft.
    I'll grab pictures of how we rigged it to get home, but I wasn't too upset being I ran my best on the first pass. The car hooked, bogged and bounced then it was smooth from there. I get 1 more weekend to grab a good 60ft and a low 12's.. hopefully lol!

Here is a couple of pictures before I put the 8.8 back into the car.

Here is my updated junk

Smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo

Congratulations on the sub 13 sec ET!! I dig the zip ties on the alternator, those things have saved everyone's ass at one point or another.
    I used to be 'with it'. Then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm 'with' isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me.......

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

Thread Information