Thread: Anyone know where I can buy 3M VHB tape locally?

Default Anyone know where I can buy 3M VHB tape locally?

3M's website wasn't the most helpful. I found some places online, but I was hoping to get it before the weekend. Thanks guys!

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike94ZLT1 View Post
    3M's website wasn't the most helpful. I found some places online, but I was hoping to get it before the weekend. Thanks guys!
    For a GoPro mount by chance (They use VHB)? I spent about a week trying to track some down, calling all kinds of suppliers, and 3M themselves looking for a local distributor. The only thing I was even able to find online was a place that sells a roll that was hundreds of feet long and was a couple grand.

grainger, and how wide I have a roll somewhere
    To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

You try body shop supply stores?

Quote Originally Posted by J1000 View Post
    For a GoPro mount by chance (They use VHB)? I spent about a week trying to track some down, calling all kinds of suppliers, and 3M themselves looking for a local distributor. The only thing I was even able to find online was a place that sells a roll that was hundreds of feet long and was a couple grand.
    No, a rear spoiler on my Vette.

(not my car, just wanted to show you what I was talking about before I got a million "don't put a spoiler on a vette" replies)

Quote Originally Posted by moneypit View Post
    Don't care, I can trim it if need be. I need a lot though, prob 10 feet. If you can spare it I will gladly pay you for it.

Quote Originally Posted by my95z28 View Post
    You try body shop supply stores?
    Not yet, gonna try tomorrow. Thanks though!

boom its about 1/2 inch wide
    Attached Images Attached Images
    To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by moneypit View Post
    Cool, I'll keep that in mind; I didn't even think about them

Is that the VHB stuff? The rolls I have seen have "3M" markings everywhere. It doesn't look like you can peel off any without exposing one side of the adhesive. Let me know if you want to sell the rest of that roll. I don't need anywhere near that much so if you do want to part with it, J1000 you are welcome to have some.

it used to say 3m on the inside, Im located in brighton Im pretty sure I have a roll of the orange backing stuff too

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike94ZLT1 View Post
    Is that the VHB stuff? The rolls I have seen have "3M" markings everywhere. It doesn't look like you can peel off any without exposing one side of the adhesive. Let me know if you want to sell the rest of that roll. I don't need anywhere near that much so if you do want to part with it, J1000 you are welcome to have some.
    Cool, thanks! I only need about 6-8", and can peel some off the roll and stick it to my mounts when/wherever, so wouldn't need to worry about it being peeled up before use. No hurry at all; I have extra mounts still, so this is just to re-use some mounts that I've peeled up from previous use. I'm in Royal Oak, and work near downtown Detroit.

Thread Information