Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: LSX time???

Club Sponsor VarsityCustomWerkz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fryguy302 View Post
    I don't know anything about your first issue, but without knowing anything about it, I would find it hard to believe a faulty piston design was the cause of a broken motor with this type of a fairly mild build. Especially if you didn't change anything except to repair the engine.

I agree that it looks like pre-ignition and not necessarily a lean condition. I've been to this party before

What fuel do you run in this car?
    110 turbo blue

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadSn95 View Post
    You knew the car was only tuned for 18-20 psi before it even left lids shop. You were also talking back and forth with Greg as it was tuned. If you werent happy with the 10.8 AF and 17* of timing why did you take it from lidios hands? And if you really werent confident in the tune why did you take it to the track?
    The car should have been tuned all the way through the boost it could have made, but like others its in and out the door there, make that quick buck and leave. i asked for it to be tuned more, make some more pulls but i was told enough time was spent on it and called it a wrap after 3-4 pulls. there is a lot more to everything when u start dealing with cars like this, it isnt your average 500hp blower car, it should be treated like a race car, n if it cant be handled then tell me to go else where. my point is if the tuner has any concern it could spike, then wouldnt u tune through the spike, isnt that what im paying for is a complete tune? not a half tune?
    Jon
    URDONE4 Racing
    Stock 93' notch
    14' 300s - DD

Wow this thread took a shit.

I agree that it looks like pre-ignition and not necessarily a lean condition.
    Could that be from improper cam timing??

--Joe

Quote Originally Posted by jtcstrat View Post
    The car should have been tuned all the way through the boost it could have made, but like others its in and out the door there, make that quick buck and leave. i asked for it to be tuned more, make some more pulls but i was told enough time was spent on it and called it a wrap after 3-4 pulls. there is a lot more to everything when u start dealing with cars like this, it isnt your average 500hp blower car, it should be treated like a race car, n if it cant be handled then tell me to go else where. my point is if the tuner has any concern it could spike, then wouldnt u tune through the spike, isnt that what im paying for is a complete tune? not a half tune?
    What spike are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
    “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Jon your my friend and I wanna remain friends with you. But holy shit are you serious? I talked to you on your way home, you were completely okay with only 18-20 psi due to the fact that you said you were going to be changing somethings this winter so you were gonna need the tune touched up again and you didnt wanna set the world on fire, just drive the car for the rest of the year. Odviously Lidio is a friend of mine and so are you but I dont think its right to point fingures when you have no data log to show boost and fuel pressure. You had both boost spiking issues and fuel pressure issues. Like i said, im sorry to see your luck go this way again but cutting down the tuner right off the bat isnt the right way to go about it.

1998 C5- Supercharged to keep up with traffic
    2004 F-250 Superduty

Quote Originally Posted by soap View Post
    Wow this thread took a shit.

Could that be from improper cam timing??

--Joe
    The timing was correct. cams were installed correct
    Jon
    URDONE4 Racing
    Stock 93' notch
    14' 300s - DD

Quote Originally Posted by ReiKo View Post
    What spike are you talking about?
    After the new intake and TB the car spiked 28 psi when they never touched the setting.

1998 C5- Supercharged to keep up with traffic
    2004 F-250 Superduty

it isnt your average 500hp blower car, it should be treated like a race car, n if it cant be handled then tell me to go else where. my point is if the tuner has any concern it could spike, then wouldnt u tune through the spike, isnt that what im paying for is a complete tune? not a half tune?
    Honestly, it's pretty easy to put "safe" values in the areas where you don't necessarily take the car on the dyno. That takes about 30 seconds, and it was probably done on your car. Before you make a statement like that, you should probably have the tune looked at by another party, because there's a good chance there is nothing wrong with the numbers. You can't expect them to run max boost on the car just to see what happens.

Unfortunately this stuff happens with high powered cars, that's why they are such a bitch. If it was easy, everyone would have one. I think if you don't trust the tune, you should have someone else just take a look at it and see what they think. I've seen ignition issues, fuel issues, plumbing issues, and all kinds of other things cause pre-ignition and broken parts. It can be a real pain in the ass to figure out.
    11 Mustang GT (street car)
    87 Grand National (grudge car)
    Misc old Ford street cars

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadSn95 View Post
    Jon your my friend and I wanna remain friends with you. But holy shit are you serious? I talked to you on your way home, you were completely okay with only 18-20 psi due to the fact that you said you were going to be changing somethings this winter so you were gonna need the tune touched up again and you didnt wanna set the world on fire, just drive the car for the rest of the year. Odviously Lidio is a friend of mine and so are you but I dont think its right to point fingures when you have no data log to show boost and fuel pressure. You had both boost spiking issues and fuel pressure issues. Like i said, im sorry to see your luck go this way again but cutting down the tuner right off the bat isnt the right way to go about it.
    I have not said once it was all the tune, ive talked to other very experienced people that are pointing me there. cars like mine take time to tune, its not a quick job. i left that shop and ask anyone who i talked to i was happy what the car made on 18lbs but i wasnt happy with how i was treated, in and out the door, and if the tuner had any concerns about the tune and or spike it should have been taking care of then or told about it before i leave the shop. i even told u i was not happy about the a/f, the whole experience. Im not cutting anyone down, im pointing out what i see and what i went through. if the car spiked on him on the dyno, even tho i believe it was due to the new intake and the boot controller set to the old intake it should have been tuned through that. this shouldnt have been an issue.
    Jon
    URDONE4 Racing
    Stock 93' notch
    14' 300s - DD

Honestly, it's pretty easy to put "safe" values in the areas where you don't necessarily take the car on the dyno. That takes about 30 seconds, and it was probably done on your car. Before you make a statement like that, you should probably have the tune looked at by another party, because there's a good chance there is nothing wrong with the numbers. You can't expect them to run max boost on the car just to see what happens.

Unfortunately this stuff happens with high powered cars, that's why they are such a bitch. If it was easy, everyone would have one. I think if you don't trust the tune, you should have someone else just take a look at it and see what they think. I've seen ignition issues, fuel issues, plumbing issues, and all kinds of other things cause pre-ignition and broken parts. It can be a real pain in the ass to figure out.

it spiked with the new intake, then never happened again once we turned the controller down. n i figured if it was a unsure thing, it would have been tuned for it, the motor was built to handle 28lbs that it spiked to
    Jon
    URDONE4 Racing
    Stock 93' notch
    14' 300s - DD

Thread Information