Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Motown I need your help...please read

Default Motown I need your help...please read

I'm not usually the type of person to ask for help but it's needed. My dad has been battling cancer for the last two years now and after countless treatments and surgeries the outcome doesn't look so good. Im 31 and his only son. He is only 52. He has had in his posession a 1978 Trans Am that he is the original owner of. It has 22,000 original miles and has never seen a winter. This is the same car that I was brought home from the hospital in when I was born. In the very early 80's my dad was involved in a small accident with the car that damage the drivers front fender and part of the drivers door. He got screwed over and was not able to get the car fixed right after the accident. So he purchased all the parts to fix it from GM and put them on but never got the door bumped or the car repainted. Due to lack of money the car never got finished and it sat in storage to this day. He always promised the car to me when it was finished. While I was driving in the dream cruise on saturday I got a call from my dad asking me if I still wanted the car. I told him of course I would take it. He began to cry saying that he wanted it to be finished before he gave it to me but he knows he just doesn't have the time. Motown I need your help. I would like for my dad to see his car finished before I lose him. Here lies the problem, Im married with two kids of my own and not a lot of money to throw around. I really just need someone to do a full paint job on the car that is close if not better to the original paint job. I'm not asking for anyone to do it for free but somone that is willing to work with me to get this done. I am suppose to pick the car up sometime in the next few weeks and go from there. If I can't get any help if someone could at least point me in the direction of somone that would do a great job painting the car please forward their info to me.

Again...i'm not looking for a handout but someone that is willing to work with me on this. Thanks everyone and I will post pictures when I pick the car up.

Kevin

Official Motown Events Director Hugger Z's Avatar

That is my favorite year of Trans Am! I am not a paint guy but if you need some wrenching help I can lend a hand. Or if you need extra hands moving the car let me know. If I am free, I have not problem helping out. Good luck and great seeing you on WW Fri!
    My Toys: Hugger Orange 1999 Z28 6-Spd Twin Turbo
    1937 Chevy Pick Up Extended Cab (1 of 1)
    Future Toy: Orange Ultima GTR or SLC...

Thanks for your offer Tony, it was good to see you guys on Friday and my dog Joey misses all the attention.

Yeah it is my favorite year Trans Am as well. This car means a lot to me. After sitting for over 20 some years I don't want to drive it from Monroe to Madison Heights. I might have a line on a trailer to use from work, I should know today or tomorrow. The car runs and drives so it shouldn't be a problem loading it.

I may not be able to contribute funds, but I can do what I am really good at...find parts. The link below is for Phoenix Graphics. They make the stipes kits for the T/A including the Screaming Chicken on the hood. These came in various colors so make sure you order the correct one. As the car has been parked or rarely driven the past 20+ years, are you sure you need a complete paint job? Maybe just the damaged areas can be addressed? Obviously you've seen the car and we haven't so you'll have a better idea. If you need help finding any discontinued parts, don't hesitate to PM me.

Phoenix Graphics

Quote Originally Posted by Swifster View Post
    I may not be able to contribute funds, but I can do what I am really good at...find parts. The link below is for Phoenix Graphics. They make the stipes kits for the T/A including the Screaming Chicken on the hood. These came in various colors so make sure you order the correct one. As the car has been parked or rarely driven the past 20+ years, are you sure you need a complete paint job? Maybe just the damaged areas can be addressed? Obviously you've seen the car and we haven't so you'll have a better idea. If you need help finding any discontinued parts, don't hesitate to PM me.

Phoenix Graphics
    Cool thanks...The only reason I would like the whole thing repainted is because I don't know how easy it is to color match a 32 year old paint job. Plus the car has a few other blemishes that need attention. Like where the rear quarter and the roof are welded at the factory it looks pretty wavey. Plus the front corners of the bumper have some paint missing and a few scratches from while it was in storage.

Here is a picture of what the car should look like...(this is not mine) but it's the exact color and package but with t-tops.

Oh an just to be clear...i'm in no way looking for anyone to contribute funds. Just looking for someone to work out a deal with or some guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by glh_turbo22 View Post
    Oh an just to be clear...i'm in no way looking for anyone to contribute funds. Just looking for someone to work out a deal with or some guidance.
    Being in FL, I can either contribute parts searching or funds (though I can't do funds right now). Again, if there is something that needs to be replaced and you can't find it, let me know. By the way, those blue ones are rare (and gorgeous). Most were either black, gold or red.

Well I can't thank you enough for your support +1 to you. Yes the Martinique Blue is a rare color for this car. I love it and hope I can find someone to keep it as close to the original color as possible. It would be nice to get the exact color for GM but i'm sure that is close to impossible. My inlaws live in St. Augustine Florida as well so including you it looks like I have Florida pretty well covered...lol.

Thanks Again

Official Motown Events Director Hugger Z's Avatar

Wow! That blue is awesome! We have plenty of paint guys around here. Post up in the paint forum and I am sure you can get some suggestions / quotes, etc.
    My Toys: Hugger Orange 1999 Z28 6-Spd Twin Turbo
    1937 Chevy Pick Up Extended Cab (1 of 1)
    Future Toy: Orange Ultima GTR or SLC...

That blue is beautiful!

Thread Information