Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mined our way to timing china!!

what happened to that timing cover?? it looks like someone tried to pry the timing cover off with bolts still in it.

I've dealt with that with some of the Explorer engines I've parted out. The bolts break, and or corrode into the cover and there is no way to get them off without breakage. They can be a real PITA!

Anyway;

Chris, you need to quit messing around and get that thing together and out to the track! Summer doesn't last forever

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmike6996 View Post
    what happened to that timing cover?? it looks like someone tried to pry the timing cover off with bolts still in it.
    Coolant leaked from the waterpump and got into the sleeves for the bolts ... not one came out. Prybar and saw-jaw : ). Good brother bonding experience!!

Quote Originally Posted by TooSlo86 View Post
    I've dealt with that with some of the Explorer engines I've parted out. The bolts break, and or corrode into the cover and there is no way to get them off without breakage. They can be a real PITA!

Anyway;

Chris, you need to quit messing around and get that thing together and out to the track! Summer doesn't last forever
    Yea.. my f150 engine was the same... It's like a male dog, pisses when it wants!

Post whore time!!

Quick update. So far parts are starting to come. Picked up an 8.8 with 4.10's from Mrvids, thanks Mike! Better Radiator, and rebuilt posi from Tooslo , spare parts are always nice for me .
    So I have two 8.8's, two T-5's(one is broke), two starters, two alternators, 3 radiators(multiple deals in two years) and two extra fenders >.>.

I just got an F303 Cam, I talked to the machinist here in Mt Pleasant "engines r us". Old school Ford guy, he said he could do it in a couple weeks . That's plenty of time for me to pull the t5, and yank my engine for cleaning and install the heads/cam when the time comes.
    I still need
    -Timing cover, Timing chain/gear, lifters, pushrods, valve springs, tuning software(probably Megasquirt!), and I think I need 24lb injectors(still need to research that), installing my line lock.
    And of course, rear tires... the new ones did awesome, but lasted 7months .. LOL.

Goals are to start this thing mid/late July. Get it tuned, and hopefully hit 109mph, and go 12.5.
    Last edited by Nokooler; 06-09-2014 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmike6996 View Post
    Bolts corrode in the cover, I pretty much plan on them needed a replacement cover
    ASE Master Certified Technician

Oh, every SBF i have taken apart has broken at least 1-2 bolts but I have never seen anyone split one like that to pull it off lol

Thread Information