Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Diesel Camaro

How much does that engine weigh? Did you have to change the front springs?
    John
    AMERICAN IRON RACING SERIES

Sergio Marchionne - "The unfortunate problem with corporations, in general, is that there are thousands of people who pay
    the price for incredibly stupid, narrow and ill-founded choices that are made by one or two people who sit at the top"

Wow, I missed this the first time around.

That thing is awesome. I love when people put some work into a project and do something completely different. Congrats.
    Matt

2005 Corvette Z51

thanks everybody!

I'll prob still be modifying this thing 20 years from now. lol. a project is never really done is it?

I have never been to Milan, but I am beginning to understand the legend that it is. I will be there at least once this summer.

here's a pic after final assembly and wash/wax. keep in mind this is original 1994 PGM paint too! front suspension still needs to settle..

still snowing here...maybe I'll record a vid later today or tomorrow. waiting patiently for the roads to clear.

I dont know about that exhaust...i think youll be smoking yourself out like that. Very cool car though.

Club Sponsor

General American bought the 6.5 engine program from GM and they have a new block,head,crank etc for the engine. Upto modern performance standards. base rating can be had at over 300hp now and lots more TQ. Might want to check into that engine before you build a big dollar 6.5

In the back of a jacked up tailgate. Sittin' 'round watchin' all these pretty things.

its still bad ass man
    "BUILT not BOUGHT"

95 F250 4x4 12"s of lift on 38s
    Cummins swap someday

To attempt the destruction of our passions is the height of folly. What a noble aim is that of the zealot who tortures himself like a madman in order to desire nothing, love nothing, feel nothing, and who, if he succeeded, would end up a complete monster!

Denis Diderot

Bad ASS!!!!

hey, I met you once in the summer on telegraph I think?

At a tim hortons/gas station. Night of the woodward dream cruise or a week after. I was in a black '02 SS.

Nice build thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrage View Post
    I dont know about that exhaust...i think youll be smoking yourself out like that. Very cool car though.
    smoke is very minimal. the turbo has no lag which cleans out the smoke real quick. at worst I'll prob have to wash the car more often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    General American bought the 6.5 engine program from GM and they have a new block,head,crank etc for the engine. Upto modern performance standards. base rating can be had at over 300hp now and lots more TQ. Might want to check into that engine before you build a big dollar 6.5
    Yes, the AM general program did make some improvements. I guess I could buy 300 hp. but I would like to assemble/design it myself. There are a few forged pieces out there, couple piston choices and I am currently working on custom grind cam specs. Already have one bumpstick cut, waiting to install with some head studs. the bottom end is notoriously very weak and the heads are prone to crack and lift at anything over 15 psi. one other big hurdle with these is limitations of the rotary Stanadyne pumps. really want to see how far I can take the stock long block first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrh View Post
    hey, I met you once in the summer on telegraph I think?

At a tim hortons/gas station. Night of the woodward dream cruise or a week after. I was in a black '02 SS.

Nice build thread!
    yep that's me. the 02 SS that blew my doors off on the highway, from Canada right? yeah, hey man! what's good?

Yep, that was you then. lol

Neat finding your build thread. I still love the car. Nothing wrong with doing things the hard way

Thread Information