Page 8 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: [OFFICAL] Forza 3 Picture Thread

I just started this game last night. So far my Fiesta has tinted windows
    If I had money like Henry Ford, Lord I’d have me a woman on every road, But someday baby,You ain’t worry my life anymore

People say he's a nice, but they also said that about Ted Bundy

<----Jesus loves you, but I think you're a cunt

Quote Originally Posted by MentalMisfit View Post
    The drag racing made me sad seems like they just threw it in without putting any real effort into it. Not being able to set a car up for it is crap as well.
    I actually read that their idea for the game is to make it about car set up and driving. It said they originally had real drag racing including a burn out, staging and reaction time but took it out because they didn't feel that stuff was what the game was about. If you ask me taking that out did make drag racing look like a thoughtless, slapped in, after thought. Why develop it properly and then neuter it?
    -Brad
    1968 Ford Torino - DOHC 4.6, T-56, Project
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon
    1998 BMW 540i Sport

Quote Originally Posted by 91trunk View Post
    I just started this game last night. So far my Fiesta has tinted windows
    At this point I bet I have 100 cars, none of them have tineted windows
    -Brad
    1998 BMW 540i Sport

Quote Originally Posted by 4 cam tbird View Post
    I'm gonna rack up some cars tonight.
    If I had money like Henry Ford, Lord I’d have me a woman on every road, But someday baby,You ain’t worry my life anymore

People say he's a nice, but they also said that about Ted Bundy

<----Jesus loves you, but I think you're a cunt

nice, I painted my Fiesta grabber blue with Red stripes, then did a Cossie Turbo motor and AWD swap, dropped about 200k in mods and it hangs with the Bugatti, traps 208 in the standing mile hahahahaha
    Matt -
    2010 Boost Logic GT-R
    1983 Ford Fairmont

Danny's 510 would beat my Bugatti 1 out of 4 times based on the other night in the 1/4 mile but he would have definitely killed me in any race longer than that.
    -Brad
    1998 BMW 540i Sport

Stinger1982 is the Stig Stinger1982's Avatar

To get this thread BACK ON TOPIC...........

Welcome to,

I am currently in the works of producing all of what I want done, but for the time being, what I am about to discuss is of extremely important value to you all.

To have any sort of idea where to start your photographic journey, you must first look at other people's work, and analyze what makes it such a great, or terrible photo. let's take a look at example 1.

This would be a great example of inspiring photography. Be prepared to learn some photographer's jargon!

1) The Subject: The Ferrari is without a doubt the clear subject in this photo. It's strong, bold, and the first thing you look at. The background and foremost ground is extremely blurred, so there are no overly distracting elements. The contrast is sharp; there's no harsh shadows or highlights, a wide range of color values.

2) The Approach: Here are some key things to know about how it was taken...

- Zoom: A greater zoom gives you a shallower "Depth of Field" (in other words, what and how much is in focus). Experiment to see what elements do you want to be in acceptable focus.

- Aperture: Aperture determines your DOF. In a camera, the larger the aperture (or F-stop) value is, the greater the DOF (more elements in focus). This is reversely proportional if the F-stop is a smaller value.

- Color: Color can also determine how much punch you want in the photo. Too much color is overwhelming, and too little used for the wrong reasons will make your photo uninteresting.

- Contrast: Contrast is how vivid the values are between black and white (or colors in this case). You want enough contrast to make the photo stand out, but not so much so that is creates harsh shadows and loss of details.

- Angle: Explore your subject from all angles! Shoot high, shoot low, tilt your camera, anything!

Now lets take a look at what a bad example would be.

While the shadows on the edge of the photo provide a creative framing, the angle is all wrong (you lose very interesting lines and details in the car).

Plus, there just isn't enough subject matter to determine what the main subject is in this photo.

Also, there is a lack of color saturation, it makes the photo look dull. And if you can see it, there is a bit of noise. Sometimes, noise can add a visually creative approach to a photo, but only if executed correctly. In this case, it's not.

Here are four simple steps that I want each and everyone of you to beat into your brain!

1. simple subject

2. no distracting background

3. explore from different angles

4. fill the frame

Hope this will get you a good aspiring start to your photography!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next part of this tutorial, I will discuss a powerful tool of photography, the "Rule of Thirds".

RoT is the concept of offsetting your main subject (or even subjects!) to a corner or a "third" of the photo frame. Doing so, if done correctly, adds a sort of energy to your photo, and this is definitely applicable to automotive photography. Let's take a look at some brilliant examples!

Photos Courtesy of FranticMunky

Photo Courtesy of SnF Twista

Do you see any underlying composition relative to any of these photos? These photos all have an energy to them, they feel alive, thanks to the rule of thirds!

If you need some more visual help, I have placed a grid over these photos:

I would like to elaborate on how crafty the last picture is. The AE86 and the M3 are both composed within rule of thirds, but you easily fix your eyes on the white M3. Your eyes almost move from the M3 to the hachi, thanks to the rule of thirds, and excellent camera work!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Stinger1982; 11-13-2009 at 02:48 PM.
    Shaun

Club Member

Holy shit they have a guide for taking pics on a video game? Insane!
    Chris White
    2022.5 Sierra Denali LM2
    2022 XT5 Sport
    2022 C8 3LT Coupe
    2022 ZL1
    2023 Escalade V

Forum Member

That was essentially the basics of automotive photography not just in Forza

Wishes he had a Honda Del Sol! DannyDodge's Avatar

Danny's 510 would beat my Bugatti 1 out of 4 times based on the other night in the 1/4 mile but he would have definitely killed me in any race longer than that.
    if i pedaled it right, i would beat him, if i didnt get it right i would spin helly and we would be right next to each other in the lights with him getting the win

Aerodynamics are overrated

Thread Information