Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ZR1 vs. bike

Quote Originally Posted by Quick86 View Post
    Brad - compare them on a roadcourse....and their top speeds... 1/4 mile times don't mean dick there Besides, the bike in the picture doesn't look like a ZX14 to me...
    yes it is....

Quote Originally Posted by VTRauder View Post
    Congrats on not knowing jack about bikes... and a car faster than a bike on a road course... yeah ok.
    um ok..
    http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=33684

Shows a vette versus a p800 GTR, and the same p800 gtr against the ZX14.

Lets see. Vette, hangs with gtr barely, and the GTR blows away the zx14. Does that mean the the vette can beat the zx14 as well? I am going to say yes. Being that this is on the street in a straight line.

This of course is all from a roll, no diggs. And I am guessing above 180mph based on how long they stay in it. So from a digg, sure maybe the bike. but on the high end, the bike is not as good. Based on the videos

Oh and a side note. It takes anyone to just mash the gas in a car, but it's anything less than a pro on a bike, it's the driver.

Also, if you look at the rear tire in that racing video showing the 1/4 time on page 1. You can see that it extends past the rear tail light. also in this next link you can see how the bike looks similar but with a list of modifications. And color change.

http://www.sportbikes.ws/showthread.php?t=72211
    Last edited by Zarken; 11-22-2009 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chunkybs View Post
    not to mention the zx14 is about as far from a road coarse bike as you can get.

with a pro controlling both vehicles, i would put my money on a zx10r over a ZR1 on a road coarse.
    zx10r , I thought that was a zx14

'90 GT EFI 302
    ALTERNATIVE AUTO PERFORMANCE

"You have enemy's? Good, that means you stood up for something!"
    "Nitrous and EFI is like peanut butter and jelly"

Quote Originally Posted by Zarken View Post
    zx10r , I thought that was a zx14
    wow, little slow are you? i said the zx14 is NOT a road coarse bike, that's why i said the ZR1 would probably lose to a bike meant to run a road coarse... wait for it... here it comes be ready to facepalm yourself... like a zx10r.
    Last edited by chunkybs; 11-22-2009 at 07:57 PM.

Superbike made by kawasaki in response to the suzuki hayabusa.the zx-14 is the successor to the zx-12r. it runs the 1/4 mile at 9.78 secs .24 secs faster than the hayabusa top speed however is limited to 186 miles due to an agreement between kawasaki and suzuki to limit speed on the bikes to 300k/h for fear of government regulation.

Does this mean that at 186 MPH anything that can go faster than that stock will win? Probably.
    Last edited by Zarken; 11-22-2009 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chunkybs View Post
    wow, little slow are you? i said the zx14 is NOT a road coarse bike, that's why i said the ZR1 would probably lose to a bike meant to run a road coarse... wait for it... here it comes be ready to facepalm yourself... like a zx10r.
    I read what you wrote. I didn't interpret that as such. Being that I don't ride bikes, I would never assume the zx10r was a course bike. But being that you you state you said
    ZR1 would probably lose to a bike meant to run a road coarse... wait for it... here it comes be ready to facepalm yourself... like a zx10r
    This is what you actually said
    not to mention the zx14 is about as far from a road coarse bike as you can get.
    with a pro controlling both vehicles, i would put my money on a zx10r over a ZR1 on a road coarse.
    There is a difference. Being that I don't know road course bikes I would not know that the zx10r was.

Superbike made by kawasaki in response to the suzuki hayabusa.the zx-14 is the successor to the zx-12r. it runs the 1/4 mile at 9.78 secs .24 secs faster than the hayabusa top speed however is limited to 186 miles due to an agreement between kawasaki and suzuki to limit speed on the bikes to 300k/h for fear of government regulation
    right, and neither will hit that in the 1/4, or in *most* road courses.

hell a stock ZR1 wouldn't even hang with the ZX10R in the 1/4. my buddy ran a 10.6 on a '09 zx10r with a slip on muffler at 131.

um ok..
    http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=33684

Shows a vette versus a p800 GTR, and the same p800 gtr against the ZX14.

Lets see. Vette, hangs with gtr barely, and the GTR blows away the zx14. Does that mean the the vette can beat the zx14 as well? I am going to say yes. Being that this is on the street in a straight line.

This of course is all from a roll, no diggs. And I am guessing above 180mph based on how long they stay in it. So from a digg, sure maybe the bike. but on the high end, the bike is not as good. Based on the videos

Oh and a side note. It takes anyone to just mash the gas in a car, but it's anything less than a pro on a bike, it's the driver.

Also, if you look at the rear tire in that racing video showing the 1/4 time on page 1. You can see that it extends past the rear tail light. also in this next link you can see how the bike looks similar but with a list of modifications. And color change.

http://www.sportbikes.ws/showthread.php?t=72211
    lol at this post of fails

"New Thread" & "Post Reply" button abuser Quick86's Avatar

7:32.1 Yamaha YZF-R1 Brendan Keirle n/a Sliders Guest House video lap Aug 2006 n/a
    7:32.6 Aprilia RSV1000R Factory "The Baron" n/a Reported in PB Magazine August 2007 n/a
    7:35.7 Suzuki GSX-R1000K7 Dale Lomas (Ex-Roadtest Editor of Performance Bikes Magazine) n/a [85] n/a
    7:50 Suzuki GSX-R1000 vs Aprilia RSV1000R Fausto "Faustone" Severi & Helmut Dähne 2002 [86] n/a

7:38 Nissan GT-R Horst von Saurma Sport Auto (07/2009),[23] Dunlop tires

7:26.4 Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 (2009) Jim Mero 27 June 2008

7:22.1 Dodge Viper ACR (2009) Tom Coronel 18 August 2008

Yes, cars will never beat a bike around a roadcourse...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaWoo82zNUA"]YouTube- Top Gear - Ariel Atom - BBC[/ame]

Thread Information