Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chassis Builders

Default Chassis Builders

A friend of mine wants to get some estimates on some one to build an Indy Car Chassis. Any of you guys know any places or have any numbers where he could call or go to?

You pan pick up a formula vee car pretty cheap and race it in scca for a few thousand bucks. A new competitive indy chassis? He dont have the money, trust me.
    01 EXCURSION
    11 RUBICON black ops
    82 MUSTANG GT
    75 Porsche 914

Forum Member

LOL, if you're talking about an actual Indy car he needs to talk to Dallara, and he can't afford one.

If he's talking about an entry level open wheel car, he needs to know what type, like a Formula Ford, Formula Mazda, etc etc ad nauseum.

He's better off w/ some sportscar racing . . . I know an excellent Mustang race car builder . . . but I'm not biased or anything.

All I wanna know is some chassis builders

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyManSS350 View Post
    All I wanna know is some chassis builders
    and everyone else needs to know what chassis you need built before they can recommend a builder to you
    Matt -
    2010 Boost Logic GT-R
    1983 Ford Fairmont

Theres a guy whose shop I visit that does do some indy/ open wheel stuff with Ferrari and some oddball race makes. For a "indy" chassis with all the trellis work, the fancy suspension, etc your looking at well over 50,000 for something very basic and no where near complete. Show me a down payment on that ( so your not wasting his time) and Ill give you the guys number. Hence the questions and suggestions of a formula vee or something similar.
    01 EXCURSION
    11 RUBICON black ops
    82 MUSTANG GT
    75 Porsche 914

Not sure of the name of the place, but it's located just north of I96 off Beck Rd in Wixom. It's in the same building as Thomson Automotive. I know they restore old formula one race cars etc., so maybe they can help. Good luck!

Im still curious what you mean by "indy chassis". Are you just looking for something open wheeled to race, something that looks like a indy car to drive on the street, or the real deal competitive indy or CART car? There are plenty of WAAAAAY cheaper alternatives to a legit "indy" car. Keep in mind for something custom, or one off, your gonna need all the suspension, motor trans, brakes, etc, up front to fab off of.
    01 EXCURSION
    11 RUBICON black ops
    82 MUSTANG GT
    75 Porsche 914

I'll have more info tomorrow I'll let him know and he will tell me more. From what I can see I need to give you guys a little more info.

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyManSS350 View Post
    I'll have more info tomorrow I'll let him know and he will tell me more. From what I can see I need to give you guys a little more info.
    yes, its similar to you asking us for the name of someone who could build your buddy an F-18 hornet because he wants to take up flying
    Matt -
    2010 Boost Logic GT-R
    1983 Ford Fairmont

Thread Information