Thread: From Garage Queen to Trailer Queen Ready 4 3Balls

Forum Member

Default From Garage Queen to Trailer Queen Ready 4 3Balls

Just hated having to change tires at Drivers Education events. Things worked out to allow usage of a trailer (which presented whole new issues-changing tires may not have been so bad). Anyway, captured images of the first time the Queen sat on her new throne. Next up, 3Balls DE event. Looking forward to filling that need 4 speed.

Nice STi!
    Tyler
    2003 WW Evolution 8

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AutoEuphoria View Post
    Nice STi!
    Thanks! I enjoy it.

Excellent. We'll see you at MidO.

It is nice to trailer it but driving to/from the event has its pluses as well. I've done both and at this point I'm back to driving the car down and changing brakes & wheels at the track. When my DD lease is up next year I think I want to get another truck. We'll see what happens then. I might dump the GTO and get a more dedicated track car.

BTW.. when I bought the GTO I said that I was going to leave it relatively stock and show up at the track and drive. I was sick of wrenching at the track as well. I think that lasted about 2 events before I couldn't stand driving on street rubber and ended up with another set of wheels and brake pads.
    Matt

2005 Corvette Z51

Club Member

Great pic!

a very similar pic with my car from '08

Nick

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by white out View Post
    Great pic!

a very similar pic with my car from '08

Nick
    Yeah Nick, looks like the exact same trailer!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter70 View Post
    Excellent. We'll see you at MidO.

It is nice to trailer it but driving to/from the event has its pluses as well. I've done both and at this point I'm back to driving the car down and changing brakes & wheels at the track. When my DD lease is up next year I think I want to get another truck. We'll see what happens then. I might dump the GTO and get a more dedicated track car.

BTW.. when I bought the GTO I said that I was going to leave it relatively stock and show up at the track and drive. I was sick of wrenching at the track as well. I think that lasted about 2 events before I couldn't stand driving on street rubber and ended up with another set of wheels and brake pads.
    I have driven to all of my DE events and autocross events for 6 years. It's about time to arrive and drive just about in my opinion. I'm tired of packing and unpacking the car. So unless the event is in my backyard, I'm pulling it. I really dislike having to do much wrenching at the track if I don't have to, would rather have that time as play time. I've wrenched at the track enough over the years with the dragbike, kart, and this car. Save that crap for the shop if it can be avoided.

N e way.....3Balls baby!!! Rain or shine!

Will see you at Mid-O on Monday... should be sunny and hot!
    John
    AMERICAN IRON RACING SERIES

Sergio Marchionne - "The unfortunate problem with corporations, in general, is that there are thousands of people who pay
    the price for incredibly stupid, narrow and ill-founded choices that are made by one or two people who sit at the top"

Thread Information