Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Halloween ....

4 groups of kids, about 20 total, then again, my neighborhood isn't too dense.

We had a good turnout in my friends neighborhood. We had a little fire going the driveway Everyone that stopped by hung out for a minute to warm up. A motown member even made an appearance. Sean stopped by with his kid.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    In the Points they came up by busload from the D. I am pretty sure it is the equivalent of paying them not to rob us. Same deal, though, mostly older kids with little or no costume. It is pretty annoying. If anyone wants to hand out 500 pieces of candy next year they are welcome to come sit on my porch!

-Geoff
    Welcome to the neighborhood pal...
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
    “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Nothing like last year, not as many kids, probably 60 I would say. Last year was like 200. No hood rats this year though which was nice.
    1990 GT 25th Anny
    2012 Grand Sport 100th Anny

I'm in a racially mixed neighborhood. And most everyone is great for the most part. But the teenagers piss me off. I usually have a bowl of brussell sprouts to scare the kids with before giving them candy. After they make their face upon seeing the sprouts, I bring out the bowl of candy.

So after it finally got dark, at around 7:30, I get a car stopping in front of the house. Four teenagers get out of the car and the first one asks, "Do you have any candy for us?" "Nope, but I have fresh brussell sprouts." They come over and look at the sprouts and a couple walk away. The last one looks passed the sprouts at the green plastic pumpkin and sees the candy inside. "Hey, the candy is right there!" Yeah, but those are for people with costumes." They finally left. I think a neighbor across the street gave them something.

I don't mind if older kids show up, but put the effort into it. Heck, I even make the little kids say the magic words before they get anything. I passed out one doggie biscuit because the dog named 'Derby' had a toy jockie on his back. If the damn dog can dress up, so can a teenager.

We had a couple dogs as well. Good thing we had some dog treats in the house. That was actually kind of cool.

we had about 50 - 60 kids come by. so after I got back from taking my daughter out we turned the lights out, but forgot to blow the candles in the jack 0 lanterns out so at like 9:30 some one knocks on our door. so just to be nice I didnt say anything. after giving the two little ones candy the mother holds out a bag. she says its for my little one who is in a stroller. so I said oh a little one huh? would a dum dum sucker work and she says no he eats chocolate. I was like whatever I didn't feel like arguing with her so I just gave one piece, and I gave both her kids like three or four.

Quote Originally Posted by ReiKo View Post
    Welcome to the neighborhood pal...
    Its like a Detroit tax, even if you don't even live in Detroit!

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Thread Information