Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Got a new RC Truck

They are a blast. I went to brushless electric now. The gas was a pain in the ass to keep running. I think the brushless one I have is faster than the gas one.

1986 Mustang GT 412W
    2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

If Ya Ain't First, Your Last! "Ricky Bobby"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prostreet72 View Post
    They are a blast. I went to brushless electric now. The gas was a pain in the ass to keep running. I think the brushless one I have is faster than the gas one.
    I was thinking about going Brushless, Gas is just a pain, I like to get in and go sorta speak. What setup do you have and how long do the batteries last?

Quote Originally Posted by v8killr4u View Post
    I was thinking about going Brushless, Gas is just a pain, I like to get in and go sorta speak. What setup do you have and how long do the batteries last?
    This is exactly why I switched aswell. I enjoy the just plugging in a battery and going. I have an SC10 with a novak 13.5 brushless setup, with a 4000mah, 45c lipo I can get about 30-45minutes of runtime on one charge. Also the new 2.4ghz radios help as well with less interference.

Quote Originally Posted by xmotoxer31 View Post
    This is exactly why I switched aswell. I enjoy the just plugging in a battery and going. I have an SC10 with a novak 13.5 brushless setup, with a 4000mah, 45c lipo I can get about 30-45minutes of runtime on one charge. Also the new 2.4ghz radios help as well with less interference.
    wow, back when i was running electric cars i would get 5mins if that... that was along time ago though like 15years ago
    ill make ya famous...
    WWW.JOHNQUICKRACING.COM

Gas or nitro?
    Gas cars are fun and rarely have to be tuned
    Nitro should be tuned each days it's used
    Only takes a minute
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Prostreet72 View Post
    Wanna run it ?$$

My Nitro Rustler lost compression, motor needs to be rebuilt, plus the starter motor is junk now. So I went to the Hobby shop to pick up or order a rebuild kit or maybe a new motor, and I ended up with the savage X. I wanted Brushless, but they're pretty expensive. I can't afford those battery packs. Plus I just like the rumble of a big block Nitro motor.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGCOWL-IMP View Post
    Wanna run it ?$$
    I'm not really that into it enough to go "grudge racing" with RC cars. I'm still breaking in this truck, so it's stock, and prolly too slow for whatever you seem have.
    But Larry may have something to race you in....

FOR SALE: 2000 Pontiac Trans Am 4.82@161 PM for details.
    2001 Trans Am: Almost Finished!!!
    2007 C6 Z06 Vette: Coming soon to a track near you
    2004 Duramax: CCSB, 33s, 5" MBRP, Lift Pump, CAI, Tuned by Diesel Addiction

Quote Originally Posted by COOKIE MONSTER View Post
    My Nitro Rustler lost compression, motor needs to be rebuilt, plus the starter motor is junk now. So I went to the Hobby shop to pick up or order a rebuild kit or maybe a new motor, and I ended up with the savage X. I wanted Brushless, but they're pretty expensive. I can't afford those battery packs. Plus I just like the rumble of a big block Nitro motor.

I'm not really that into it enough to go "grudge racing" with RC cars. I'm still breaking in this truck, so it's stock, and prolly too slow for whatever you seem have.
    But Larry may have something to race you in....
    No Larry don`t have anything.

That's pretty bad ass looking. But does it move out? A friend of mine got a Bib Block Jato on some spray, fucker only goes about 75mph.

FOR SALE: 2000 Pontiac Trans Am 4.82@161 PM for details.
    2001 Trans Am: Almost Finished!!!
    2007 C6 Z06 Vette: Coming soon to a track near you
    2004 Duramax: CCSB, 33s, 5" MBRP, Lift Pump, CAI, Tuned by Diesel Addiction

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by xmotoxer31 View Post
    How fast are the Brushless motor setups and what does it cost to get into a decent setup?

Thread Information