Page 1 of 46 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Apparently, you can't fix stupid in Camp Mustang...

Default Apparently, you can't fix stupid in Camp Mustang...

I see nothing wrong here. A little hype over both cars probably brings more interest in the cars.

I'm a huge GT50 fan, but I don't know which one will be better. The Camaro has always put the power to the ground better the the Mustang. The GT500 tires are narrower than the Camaro's also. Ford has done a great job with tuning the solid axle, but it can only go so far when handling a high speeds are concerned. It'll be great to see someone put these cars against each other on the rtack later this year. Until then, it's all speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Knexo View Post
    I'm a huge GT50 fan, but I don't know which one will be better. The Camaro has always put the power to the ground better the the Mustang. The GT500 tires are narrower than the Camaro's also. Ford has done a great job with tuning the solid axle, but it can only go so far when handling a high speeds are concerned. It'll be great to see someone put these cars against each other on the rtack later this year. Until then, it's all speculation.
    Have to agree. Power doesn't mean shit unless you can put it to the pavement.

What I want to know, is why Mustang owners HATE Camaros so much, but most of the Camaro owners I have known like Mustangs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post

What I want to know, is why Mustang owners HATE Camaros so much, but most of the Camaro owners I have known like Mustangs as well.
    I'll tell you. www.camaro5.com. Spend 5 minutes over there and your head will hurt. Mention the words "Mustang" or "GT500" and you're on a fast track for a ban. I find it to be quite the opposite on MOST Mustang forums I frequent. AFM, on the other hand, is pretty rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
    I'll tell you. www.camaro5.com. Spend 5 minutes over there and your head will hurt. Mention the words "Mustang" or "GT500" and you're on a fast track for a ban. I find it to be quite the opposite on MOST Mustang forums I frequent. AFM, on the other hand, is pretty rough.
    I only look at pics over there. I usually browse the tech. Also a fan of SVTperformance. Both are good forums.

not sure why hes so stupid, when hes probably right....
    Rick
    1993 Mustang LX Coupe

Automobile Magazine just ran 12.6@116 and 0-60 in 4.3 in a ZL1. Three tests, 12.6@116, 12.1@117, 12.3@119. I'm sure the team behind 2013 GT500 is quaking in their boots.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Paul or Sanders are our only help to get this thing back on track.

Stinger1982 is the Stig Stinger1982's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DBK View Post
    Automobile Magazine just ran 12.6@116 and 0-60 in 4.3 in a ZL1. Three tests, 12.6@116, 12.1@117, 12.3@119. I'm sure the team behind 2013 GT500 is quaking in their boots.
    Last edited by Stinger1982; 01-20-2012 at 04:48 PM.
    Shaun

Quote Originally Posted by DBK View Post
    The fact they went from 12.6 to 12.1 tells me the guy cannot drive or it was a very terrible track.

On paper the Mustang should win in a straight line, stock vs stock on STOCK tires its just going to be a drivers battle on who can put it to the ground. SS+Whipple+Cash Left over > ZL1 & GT500

'94 Mustang GT-Turbo- SOLD
    '96 Cobra- Procharged
    '99 Z28- 501rwhp N/A
    2011 Impala

Thread Information