Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: UPS misplaced and SOLD mazda engine.

Default UPS misplaced and SOLD mazda engine.

Monroe Native Rob Dahm's 4 rotor adventure. You can get the fully story by watching his older update videos on his youtube channel. He has an ultra large following on facebook and youtube. His followers are blowing up the UPS facebook page...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8eHo5QHlTA

Club Member

Watching this right now... WTF!!!!!
    Chris White
    2022.5 Sierra Denali LM2
    2022 XT5 Sport
    2022 C8 3LT Coupe
    2022 ZL1
    2023 Escalade V

Cant watch at work, did ups pay a insurance claim?
    To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

Quote Originally Posted by moneypit View Post
    Cant watch at work, did ups pay a insurance claim?
    Technically... No. But they are supposedly covering the cost of the second time he bought his engine. He's working on recovering the cost of initial shipping from New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by GTPprix View Post
    Watching this right now... WTF!!!!!
    I feel bad for the guy. Glad he finally got his engine although he had to purchase it twice. I've thought about if it werent for Rob being fairly wealthy, he may not have been able to drop the 6500 a second time to get his engine back...

This is going to be/has become a PR nightmare for UPS. what a sleazebag company to flat out steal from customers and try and sell their stuff without thinking they'd get caught.

If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by chunkybs View Post
    This is going to be/has become a PR nightmare for UPS. what a sleazebag company to flat out steal from customers and try and sell their stuff without thinking they'd get caught.
    agreed, but even knowing this i'd still choose them over fed ex. they simply suck at life. i hate using them. but unfortunately there is no good option to use. usps sucks. fed ex sucks. and now ups sucks..

Club Member

Wow what a mess. A friend of mine had a $25k race motor built and shipped ups last year. And they lost it. No idea where it went told him to make a insurance claim. It was shipped from the engine builder in Texas to Michigan. Tracking showed it all the way to a sort facility in Michigan and then never seen again. He felt I could me a inside job from ups so he called back and asked for a written statement by ups explaining there side. Then told them he had a LoJack device installed in the crate bc it was so expensive and didn't want any issues. He woke up the next morning and the crate was in his driveway. No expectations or sign of them dropping it off. Magically showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by afolk83 View Post
    Wow what a mess. A friend of mine had a $25k race motor built and shipped ups last year. And they lost it. No idea where it went told him to make a insurance claim. It was shipped from the engine builder in Texas to Michigan. Tracking showed it all the way to a sort facility in Michigan and then never seen again. He felt I could me a inside job from ups so he called back and asked for a written statement by ups explaining there side. Then told them he had a LoJack device installed in the crate bc it was so expensive and didn't want any issues. He woke up the next morning and the crate was in his driveway. No expectations or sign of them dropping it off. Magically showed up.
    That is something

Quote Originally Posted by afolk83 View Post

Wow. Someone thought they were in trouble.

I would suspect that a crate engine would be an easy target. Performance Engine Building Company XYZ as the shipper with overweight oversize container. Container "gets damaged" during shipping and has to be "inspected" so the workers can open it up and see exactly what is inside of it. Then you know a guy who has a truck and know security, so on and so forth. Boom missing engine

Thread Information