Thread: Nitto 555R Drag Radial Vs BF Goodrich TA Drag Radials

Default Nitto 555R Drag Radial Vs BF Goodrich TA Drag Radials

Whats the best tire of the two for mostly street use but some track use. I know the nittos would last alot longer but im worried about how they would hook. The will be 275 60 15 and will be on a 85 Camaro with about a 600hp BBC on spray. Full suspension mods(Rod Ended Control Arms, LCARB's, Torque Arm, Springs, Adjustable Struts) on a stock style suspension.

Thanks
    Jeremy

Club Sponsor

You will need the mickey. the F car needs alot of tire to hook. I would go hoosier or Mickey.

get nitto's for the street if you drive it alot and street radials, et street or drags for the strip
    Last edited by 1BADAIR; 09-29-2008 at 08:25 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

The nitto drag radial makes a better road race tire than it does drag race. (for real...) It blows hairy donkey balls on the street. BFG at a minimum... mickey or hoosier drag preferred.

The only time nittos worked alright was when they were wore down to a full slick, had almost no air pressure and lots of heat in them.
    John
    AMERICAN IRON RACING SERIES

Sergio Marchionne - "The unfortunate problem with corporations, in general, is that there are thousands of people who pay
    the price for incredibly stupid, narrow and ill-founded choices that are made by one or two people who sit at the top"

Ya would like to go Mickey's but my best friend is the manager at Discount Tire and they dont carry them. Can anyone hook me up with a deal on the Mickey Thompson Drag Radials. Like Maybe $350 OTD just the tires dont need the mounted or anything. Or even hook up on the Hoosiers

Thanks
    Jeremy

You're not going to smile with Nitto Drags and a 600hp BBC with spray.

Hoosier or M/T. I doubt tire wear and gas mileage are really an issue if you're building a car like that. A nitto isn't even considered safe with that much power on the street.

Edit: Oh...I have both and it's rare to see my nittos on now that I have a sticky tire. If ever...it's just to see what I can do on them..which is to say..not a lot.
    Last edited by AutoRoc; 09-30-2008 at 10:24 PM.
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Well guys went with the 275 60 15 MT Drag Radials. More then i wanted to spend but summit finally get them off back order. Will have pics hopefully saturday or early next week.

Good choice you'll be happy.
    1990 GT 25th Anny
    2012 Grand Sport 100th Anny

Thread Information