Thread: Help.. Lowering springs and shocks fox body

Club Member

Default Help.. Lowering springs and shocks fox body

What do you guys use? What do you like or dislike about your set up? Is it as simple as , take a spring out and put the new one in or do they need to be set up? I'm going both for looks and handling but focused more on the handling.

Thanks,
    Dennis

regular lowering springs, just remove current ones, install lowering springs, and align
    ASE Master Certified Technician

There are a bunch of ways to go about it. In short, if you want a good handling auto-x or road course setup that is still very streetable I would go with the Strano Performance springs and a good quality shock like koni or billstien. His springs are a 1.25" drop which allows for great looks and great handling (near perfect roll center). They are 550lb fronts and 150lb rears (linear rate). I run that setup on Koni yellow's and it works great. Accompanied by 35mm front and 22mm rear bars. It has won a few Nasa Time Trial events already and more to come this year.

The fronts would be as simple as dismount your front struts, have a shop swap your strut components to new shock/spring and then re-install struts. Rears are extremely simple, swap spring and shock.

What do I dislike? Nothing. The setup could get a touch more agressive since I'm leaning toward all out competition performance, but for overall handling, great. Much better than the days of old rolling around with those shit HAL shocks and soft springs. Felt like I was driving a boat just to get a decent 60'. No thanks.

Accompany your new suspension with decent rubber, no "suma-tuma tires"!

Quote Originally Posted by BigD4822 View Post
    What do you guys use? What do you like or dislike about your set up? Is it as simple as , take a spring out and put the new one in or do they need to be set up? I'm going both for looks and handling but focused more on the handling.

Thanks,
    Dennis
    John
    AMERICAN IRON RACING SERIES

Sergio Marchionne - "The unfortunate problem with corporations, in general, is that there are thousands of people who pay
    the price for incredibly stupid, narrow and ill-founded choices that are made by one or two people who sit at the top"

Thread Information