Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: through floor sub frame connectors

YES my shit is slow and NO you can't drive it!

Quote Originally Posted by fast gs 1150 View Post
    edward duffy???
    Duffy is the shit. If you only need a little piece they may not be worth it. They sold me a 24' piece of 2 X 3 X .120" for $56.00. That also included two "chops". They've got all types of round/ square tubing. Everyone says Contractors Steel is the place to go but I found Duffy to be much better priced for what I was doing. Duffy is On W. Jefferson near Historic Ft. Wayne.

Did the wizard ever get back to you about that brain?????

Jeff, You should consider something like this. You can find the same style connector cheaper somewhere else. You can still make your outriggers for a roll bar at a later time if you decide to go that route. You'll save a bunch of time/ hassle with something like these over what you are thinking about doing.

http://www.steeda.com/products/full_...connectors.php

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by black88coupe View Post
    Jeff, You should consider something like this. You can find the same style connector cheaper somewhere else. You can still make your outriggers for a roll bar at a later time if you decide to go that route. You'll save a bunch of time/ hassle with something like these over what you are thinking about doing.

http://www.steeda.com/products/full_...connectors.php
    Mitch, are you forgetting I am a millwright/fabricator/welder? I'm not worried and am going to save money doing what I am going to do. I just always over analyse everything I do. It's not like i'm going to build new front frame rails or anything! LOL! I hear ya. I already have interior gutted. I see what i'm getting into; it's no big deal. I still need to pull dash to replace heater core. I am a little nervous about that. I used to wrench on Chryslers for a living. Still a little gunshy about pulling the whole dash out; not cutting the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by jmb19 View Post
    Mitch, are you forgetting I am a millwright/fabricator/welder? I'm not worried and am going to save money doing what I am going to do. I just always over analyse everything I do. It's not like i'm going to build new front frame rails or anything! LOL! I hear ya. I already have interior gutted. I see what i'm getting into; it's no big deal. I still need to pull dash to replace heater core. I am a little nervous about that. I used to wrench on Chryslers for a living. Still a little gunshy about pulling the whole dash out; not cutting the floor.
    I'm 43 years old Jeff- Of course I'm forgetting- LOL. It's called "Old timers disease". Pulling the the dash to do the heater core is really no biggie. Is the a/c stuff removed from the engine compartment? I think that took more time on my 88 than anything.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by black88coupe View Post
    I'm 43 years old Jeff- Of course I'm forgetting- LOL. It's called "Old timers disease". Pulling the the dash to do the heater core is really no biggie. Is the a/c stuff removed from the engine compartment? I think that took more time on my 88 than anything.
    A/C and smog is all deleted. Already have interior out minus dash. Car in air and level. The project has begun. Looking for a welder to start on frame connectors. Try and get started this weekend coming hopefully.

Thread Information