Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sleeper: 1991 Mustang

Default sleeper: 1991 Mustang

From BangShift.com

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/index.php?topic=20416.0

From the forum:

All this talk of Fox's has made me think about one of my Mustangs tucked away for winter. I've always loved the Sleeper cars who get your attention real quick once you see them run...."there's no victory sweeter than the one your antagonist never saw comin."
    This is my '91 I bought for $500 as a driver with 4 cylinders/auto....ruff lookin, but absolutely solid car. I knew what it's destiny was the day I saw it. My friend offered up a lowbuck 406 sbc and I did the rest to see how fast we could go.

I left the interior vertually as I got it....fits the look perfectly.

Now, other than the tires out back who would suspect?
    Do the typlical Fox stuff without leading to much on....8.8/spool 3.73, tired lookin 50/50 shocks, anti-roll bar with a sway bar as well (no bag), weld up the seams, no frame connecters, 90/10 struts...you know, the casual looker stuff.

So I take the hyperutectic pistoned chevy, turbo 400/3500 stall....mid plate and motor plate it because I think it will make the car alot more rigid and tell everybody I got it that way. Put a small shot of spray on it (150hp) cause of the pistons (I know >) and begin hiding the goods.

my center console...Edelbrocks Progressive controller, Autometers electric bottle pressure gauge, MSD's timing controller, bottle heater switch, NOS switch, relay and fuse.

No tach....Autometer rpm activated shift lite mounted behind speaker grill on driver side. Switchs in console for line lock, fan, purge valve, fule pump.

The trunk...for arguments sake, I'll remove the bottle if it will make you happier. ;D

Two dzus's and the bottle plate/rug come out. The trunk contains a 5 gallon cell, bottle w/heater, pumps, Optima battery, power cutoff, batt posts, relays...the stock tank is fake. I removed the top side of the tank and the bottom of the spare tire well....from underneath it is undetectible, dirt, rust and undercoating are still there.

The fuel line, return line, nos line all enter the frame rail here and are snaked thru the rocker on the passenger side, exit behind the plastic wheel well up front to hidden regulaters.

No sump with lines hangin out, stock fuel line to the front, and out of state plate help the effect.

My favorite....the young kid I bought the car from had quarts of trans fluid and brake fluid in the back floor along with this brand new bottle of laundry soap...they're there for every pass.

I could only do so much with under the hood...if they see it. The battery that appears bungied is actually a well mounted plastic display battery which is actually hooked up and I use it to fire my timing light.

The car is a blast to drive, leaves hard and straight and I dont worry 'bout the paint.

I lost my buddy's 406 in the lights. I haven't figured out these drag radials yet...as you pour the power on it tire shakes sumpin fearse!!! Shook so hard, went from 1st to 3rd and one hyper didn't like it much. You probably noticed it doesn't have a roll bar and it needs a cage to be legal. At the big end with oil covered tires, I was a drivin sum bitch...makes you start to think!
    MichiganClassics.com - Muscle & Classic car resource - Event listings - Classifieds

2000 GMC Sierra Z71 - 200K mile DD - Very green, runs on recycled dinosaurs
    1967 Camaro RS/SS L78 - Perpetual project
    Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
    My stuff on eBay

Club Member

nice!!

That's a bad bitch!
    KFP Racing

Awesome
    2008 z06 - H/C/I/E

"Don't ask for pics either. She would make a train take a dirt road."

That's a sweet car!

Thats soooo sweet

Official Motown Events Director Hugger Z's Avatar

Wow, that is cool. I like the sleeper effect. That's one reason I am getting rid of my gauge pillar.
    My Toys: Hugger Orange 1999 Z28 6-Spd Twin Turbo
    1937 Chevy Pick Up Extended Cab (1 of 1)
    Future Toy: Orange Ultima GTR or SLC...

perfect set-up. I want to hear what he's running in the 1/4 once he puts a cage in it and gets his launch down

Cool, but why go through all that trouble....and then plaster it on the internet? Everyone in his town will know the car.

thats sick !

Thread Information