Thread: 249.7 mph fgt tt

Default 249.7 mph fgt tt

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db6zuZjWCmE"]YouTube- Hofman Motorsports & Heffner Performance 249.7 MPH 2010 Texas Mile Twin Turbo Ford GT Debut[/ame]

Pretty pumped with how the car performed. After the TRIP FROM FUCKING HELL (couldn't land due to wind shear, caught my connecting flight in time to sit on the plane for 3 hours before cancellation, slept in the airport before waking up to see my next flight canceled, then drove a fucking Yaris 700 miles to Texas) getting down to my buddy that owns the cars house, we went and met the trailer with the car in Austin, and me and him went out for the inaugural drive on the street in it.

I'll tell you, it's not like I'm new to fast shit, but I hated every second being in that thing And that was on the minimum power the thing will make. Being a passenger in a car that fast just sucks to me, though I'm sure it's a blast to drive. I can't imagine what that bitch feels like on full boost, and honestly, it has a whole lot left after the 249.7 run. John Mihovetz builds a hell of a motor.

I figured some guys would appreciate the truck I was tasked with driving into the track while leading the convoy too. This thing got way more attention than any car there....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Paul or Sanders are our only help to get this thing back on track.

Ironhide! Bad ass truck, I'd love to cruise one of those everyday..

Texas mile is interesting, surprised the Supra isn't back to defend his title. IMO nothing will touch the Ford GT.
    KFP Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Rush View Post
    Ironhide! Bad ass truck, I'd love to cruise one of those everyday..

Texas mile is interesting, surprised the Supra isn't back to defend his title. IMO nothing will touch the Ford GT.
    It was a nice truck to drive. It honestly was no different than any other big truck. I thought it would be more unwieldy. Everyone everywhere wanted their picture with it.

Tommy Bahn's Supra broke after putting down a 247 and a 244, and as he left he was telling us that he was pretty much done. I honestly think the Supra is no longer the car for this stuff. It's obviously a great platform for standing mile, but exactly two Ford GT's have been built for mile racing, and they've gone 252 and 249. The Yellow car has a stock block, heads, trans, gears, etc. An Underground Gallardo went 250.1 this weekend. Going forward, I just have a hard time seeing anything competing with the GT and Gallardo.

As of right now, those Supra's are spinning near 10,000 already. It's gonna be tough for those to ever reach the 260's, and I think both of the aforementioned GT's and probably a couple Gallardo's will be doing it, maybe by the end of next month.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Paul or Sanders are our only help to get this thing back on track.

God I want that truck...
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
    “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Thread Information