Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pictures from the shop, Mostly Tint related!

Looks good matt. Too bad all my stuff is tinted already or id be having you do it. Good work!

1998 C5- Supercharged to keep up with traffic
    2004 F-250 Superduty

Quote Originally Posted by TheOutlaw View Post
    keep up ther good work, you do badass work!
    Thanks PJ, I'll get out for that face plate and to take care of your girls car as soon as i have a moment!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadSn95 View Post
    Looks good matt. Too bad all my stuff is tinted already or id be having you do it. Good work!
    Thanks, yeah your cobra was looking sweet when I came up behind ya on M59 last week or whenever that was!
    -Matt Zimmerman-

'98 Turbo Camaro '02 PowerStroke F-2Fiddy '06 YZF-R6

When you tint a windshield do you heat shrink it? I've heard that you cannot heatshrink on a laminated window because it will cause it to crack.

Quote Originally Posted by Stang04GT View Post
    When you tint a windshield do you heat shrink it? I've heard that you cannot heatshrink on a laminated window because it will cause it to crack.
    any window that is curved gets heat shrinked (and the temp from a heat gun isn't anymore than how hot your car/windows get from baking in the sun in the middle of a 100 degree summer day!). Heat shrinking is how the tint gets its form. since it come in 60" rolls generally cut down to 36"/24" or 38"/22" rolls. even some side windows are curved enough to get heat shrinked (C5 and C6 vettes come to mind, i know there are more but off the top of my head those are always a bit more work...)

You can't put black tint on dual pane residential glass or else the excess heat will make the glass crack, that's why all residential/commercial tint is more reflective.

But as far as car windows, there isn't a problem with heating it or tinting it. The only problem I've ever had was once I was heat shrinking a windshield on an audi A6, and all of a sudden i heard a crack. ended up there was a tiny stone chip right at the weather strip on the edge and the heat from the gun made it spider crack across the windshield. But hey, one windshield replacement in the years of doing this isn't too bad of a track record. Accident do happen and if we are at fault we take care of it
    -Matt Zimmerman-

Quote Originally Posted by SS4Matt View Post
    any window that is curved gets heat shrinked (and the temp from a heat gun isn't anymore than how hot your car/windows get from baking in the sun in the middle of a 100 degree summer day!). Heat shrinking is how the tint gets its form. since it come in 60" rolls generally cut down to 36"/24" or 38"/22" rolls. even some side windows are curved enough to get heat shrinked (C5 and C6 vettes come to mind, i know there are more but off the top of my head those are always a bit more work...)

You can't put black tint on dual pane residential glass or else the excess heat will make the glass crack, that's why all residential/commercial tint is more reflective.

But as far as car windows, there isn't a problem with heating it or tinting it. The only problem I've ever had was once I was heat shrinking a windshield on an audi A6, and all of a sudden i heard a crack. ended up there was a tiny stone chip right at the weather strip on the edge and the heat from the gun made it spider crack across the windshield. But hey, one windshield replacement in the years of doing this isn't too bad of a track record. Accident do happen and if we are at fault we take care of it
    Completely agree, putting a heat gun to it is nowhere near as bad as sustained heat from a 90 degree sunny day.
    When I did window tinting, we had 1 window break in all the years, which ended up (as we were told) from improperly installed glass (it had been replaced).
    Looks like you've gotten to work on some badass cars!!

Quote Originally Posted by SS4Matt View Post

thanks for the info!

Couple pictures since the last time I posted in here.
    The finished product of the 911 that recieved 15% ceramic tint and also got an exterior detail. I really liked doing this car because the customer is extremely picky (and used to detail himself) so he knew exactly what he was looking at on the paint, and after he looked it over up and down top to bottom from every angle he couldn't find anything! I even pulled some really deep scratches out of it that he said he couldn't get out himself

No window tint on this car (yet) but greg a saurus just picked this unit up and I did a quick wash and rubbed out a couple scratches on it and threw on a quick coat of wax. It will get a full on detail and some 15% tint down the road. But for now it just got a quicky for a saturday afternoon! pretty nice score, only 21K miles on this cobra and it has a lot of nice parts on it

Camaro RS that received 15% on the back window and 35% on the door and 1/4 windows, along with a 15% band strip on the windshield. It also got a wash 'n' wax

Audi A5, I believe this was 35% film. We tinted it a while ago, I just happened to come across it last night when I was uploading all these pictures

And then the last for this update. This was another customer that I really appreciated working for. His car has 80K miles on it and came in looking great already. This was the first time I had ever had a customer give me "blue prints" of his car and his concerned areas!

and one for the people that are obsessed with clean wheel weights for some reason?

Thanks for looking!
    -Matt Zimmerman
    -Matt Zimmerman-

amazing work, wish you where closer.

C6
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/matttrombley/
    Founder MM Cult
    2002 Summit White ZR2
    2013 Summit White Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by chunkybs View Post
    amazing work, wish you where closer.