Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Porsche is this?

Quote Originally Posted by white out View Post
    Turbo's are not the best sounding cars. But done right can MOVE out. A friend's 996 with all bolt ons, stock turbos, RUNS away from me on the highway (and my 4th & 5th gear are dangerous for cars with 150whp more than me).

Nick
    I've been meaning to post this for a few days and this reminds me. This month's Car and Driver has an exotic shoot-out and I was flabbergasted at the 911 Turbo S stats.

0-60 2.7
    0-100 6.4
    1/4 mile 10.8 @ 129
    Top speed 195

SERIOUSLY!!!!!! A 10 second street car from the factory. It could sound like a Lawrence Welk bubble machine and I wouldn't care. These cars have gotten FAST!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by white out View Post
    Turbo's are not the best sounding cars. But done right can MOVE out. A friend's 996 with all bolt ons, stock turbos, RUNS away from me on the highway (and my 4th & 5th gear are dangerous for cars with 150whp more than me).

Nick
    Do you know if its an X50 car I belive they come stock with larger turbos (k16's).

Quote Originally Posted by sardeanie View Post
    I've been meaning to post this for a few days and this reminds me. This month's Car and Driver has an exotic shoot-out and I was flabbergasted at the 911 Turbo S stats.

0-60 2.7
    0-100 6.4
    1/4 mile 10.8 @ 129
    Top speed 195

SERIOUSLY!!!!!! A 10 second street car from the factory. It could sound like a Lawrence Welk bubble machine and I wouldn't care. These cars have gotten FAST!
    Building the same car for so many years - Porsche has done well in making sure get get all the performance out of them. The Turbo's have AWD which helps a lot with launches and putting the power down onto the road. As well designed as they are, performance upgrades (though costly) can get real nasty.
    AutoLavish Fine Automobile Care
    www.autolavish.com

Read our Professional Detailing Articles Here

Like / Follow us on Facebook!

Got a Detailing or car care question? Ask us here!

Tyler
    2003 WW Evolution 8

i don't think they sound bad at all. just different. an N/A flat six with loud pipes is my favorite though.

the rear engine makes them launch like normal cars can't touch on street tires. i'm sure it also has some badass sort of launch control on the 997 turbo.

but who asked when they got so fast? the 911 turbo has always been fast. the early ones were fast for the time. look around for some original turbos (930), and you'll see them modified to over 700hp, and 30 years old.

Forum Member

0-60 2.7
    0-100 6.4
    1/4 mile 10.8 @ 129
    Top speed 195

Damn! I always knew they were fast but didn't think they moved out quite like that. I'll try and figure out who owns the car in my pic so I can get the full details.

Thread Information