Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Track Wheels on my 04 Cobra

I totally understand trailering a car if you are racing at a track 2.5 to 3 hours away from home. My point isn't to prove anything to anyone, I just think its one of the easier ways to weed out race cars from street cars.

131 is a great track and I wouldn't mind running my junker out there!

I know that the "non trailered" idea will get alot of people heated! My intentions were to get something going for people who don't have purpose built racecars or don't care to deal with the headache of racing at NO ET.

I guess this would be more aimed at the guys who cruise Tele/WW/or your local strip.

Type of fuel doesn't matter to me, 87, 89, 93, E85, 100, 110, Everclear or Nitromethane..... its burned money no matter how you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by kammi10 View Post
    just my personal opinion on this.. but your saying my car isnt a street car because i trailer it to a track that is 2.5-3 hours away from my house. when going to milan i will always trailer my car or if i really need to prove its a legit street car i will drive it and have someone else drive my truck and trailer..

i live 10 miles away from US131 motorsports park and drive the car there and run all the time.. but thats close enough if i have a problem i can get someone to bring me to go get my truck and trailer or have someone bring it to me.

i like the idea of the 30 mile cruise at a minimum to prove it.

but like everyone else said.. that is varying opinions of what is a street car.. does ti have to run pump gas? 93 octane or lower? so many different variables..
    HI 5 Racing

Lance - sorry about hosing up your picture thread!
    HI 5 Racing

Can we also get everyone to admit how much they have invested in their cars, how much they make yearly, and what their monthly expenses are. That way we can get a ratio for everybody and see who's done more, with less.

Oh yeah and the biggest ratio buster of all, how many kids you have.

Lol....

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Rick
    1993 Mustang LX Coupe

I'm at least 2 hours from milan and i would be down to drive my gn to the track and run this shootout. It would be hard to keep people from just parking their trailers 10 miles away and cruising the rest of the way though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    11 Mustang GT (street car)
    87 Grand National (grudge car)
    Misc old Ford street cars

Ok, last bogart of this thread! (sorry Lance, your car has inspired us!)

You wanna go hard core, then hell yes, no trailers. Drag Week has no trailers and those guys travel much further. I wouldn't blame anybody for having a buddy with a rig at the track though. Once you break no cares about you anyway.
    Let's start a new thread. Post your car and it's details with pics. It will be obvious what is a street car just by public opinion. Do we post this in the Grudge Section? Might get ugly over there! Lol

If someone doesn't beat me to it, I'll start it up. I've always wanted to do Drag Week (knowing full well I would not win) and this could be our own mini version. Hell, it's just for fun.

Lol this whole idea hasn't even gotten going yet and it already reminds me of why I hate class racing. So far in about 5 posts we have discussed: fuel type, tire type, cost of race operation, drive ability, being open to telling people what the car is.

Does anyone really think that there is going to be any honesty in this? I think it just needs a straight up vote. Or something simple like a 30 mile cruise. I would like to see something like this happen, but when there are 10,000 stips it just kills interest

Quote Originally Posted by sidewayscoupe View Post
    Lots of great input.

I understand the idea of having a trailer in case of breakage. But with the same logic plenty of cars break on the public roads, leaving people stranded and needing a tow..... I'm not gonna trailer my car to the mall, movies or work....

Just my two cents, but it ain't a street car if it is trailered to the track.
    Why would you trailer your car to the mall? I wouldn't think you are racing your car all out on a prepped track on your way to the mall or out to eat... Trailering to the track to race is just a smart idea.

Leave it to a vote. Most of the guys who belong in this class are regulars on tele/Woodward. And if you are out on Woodward/tele/etc. regularly, there is no reason why you shouldn't be included.

I think the 30 mile cruise would be cool, just like the old FFW and NMRA True Street races. 30 mile cruise and a heads up ladder. Maybe we could meet somewhere 30 miles from milan...leave trailers there if anyone has them, and drive the 30 miles to Milan. Maybe make it a low entrance fee and winner takes all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fryguy302 View Post
    I think the 30 mile cruise would be cool, just like the old FFW and NMRA True Street races. 30 mile cruise and a heads up ladder. Maybe we could meet somewhere 30 miles from milan...leave trailers there if anyone has them, and drive the 30 miles to Milan. Maybe make it a low entrance fee and winner takes all.
    i like this idea.. except people could just have someone else drive their truck and trailer to the track for them instead.. just follow all the cars

Quote Originally Posted by kammi10 View Post
    i like this idea.. except people could just have someone else drive their truck and trailer to the track for them instead.. just follow all the cars
    Yeah but who cares? The idea of the 30 mile drive is to make sure they are streetable, legal, legit street cars. Hell you could make it 50 miles. I've done the FFW true street race and it takes a street car to complete it. Traffic, expressway, bumpy roads, etc.

Thread Information