Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mounting MSD's, two-steps, relays etc...

Default Mounting MSD's, two-steps, relays etc...

Looking to mount my Dig 6, a few relays, fuses and etc on a panel and mount for easy access in my car... Any pics or ideas would be cool.. I'd also like to see the wiring talent in this thread... Not really my cup of tea but I'm trying to do this wiring thing once and make it a nice piece to look at.

Thanks in advance.
    Mark

me also!!!

If you look in (and/or search) the electrical section of yellow bullet there are a TON of photos of electrical panels, wiring, etc. Or maybe PM Duke for some pics....I've seen some of his work in person and it is VERY tidy and clean!

Yea, I was just looking at some of the wiring jobs over on YB. That stuff is crazy nice. They gave me some good ideas. If you use a relay, would you still use an inline fuse? I'd like to find a block with fuses and still use a relay.

I don't know if I have any pics of panels and such I've made but here's a little of my wiring handy work.

This is an engine harness I made for a TT stang:

A few pics of a dune buggy I wired:

This was one of my early projects at the shop:

BEFORE:

After:

A '33 Ford roadster at American Speed Company I wired with a mm:
    This isn't a recovered factory harness, all new custom built for this car:

Back of IP, wired but someone I was teaching wiring to:

A stang I wired up a long time ago. See if you can find the wiring:

I have better pics on my pc at the shop but don't have working internet there, I'll have to bring some home of the more recent projects.

Wiring isn't too bad. It's time consuing especially if you're trying to make it look nice. My best advice is to crimp, solder, and heat shrink all splices, eyelets, and free terminals. I solder every connection I make that can be soldered. Use the right wire size for the load and lenght you're running it and use properly sized fuses. I don't like butt connectors or any of those red, blue, and yellow terminals and such. Grab a Terminal Supply catalog and buy the bare one's, get the proper crimping tool, solder what you can, and heat shrink.
    I like pie.

Quote Originally Posted by QWKSLVR View Post
    If you look in (and/or search) the electrical section of yellow bullet there are a TON of photos of electrical panels, wiring, etc. Or maybe PM Duke for some pics....I've seen some of his work in person and it is VERY tidy and clean!
    Thank ya sir, found the thread and just couldn't resist. I have some crazy nice wiring to show soon. Been working on another one of these:

Yup, I wired both of those
    I like pie.

DUKE........ Is there any type of way you could quote a job if someone was to tell you what all they wanted wired, and the type of car it is? Ive always been curious to know about how much it cost. I need my racecar wired completely. I don't think there is a single wire left in it. If you are interested could you PM me, and go from there? Thanks.

i need to have joe clean mine up. between the n20 and auto conversion mine has become a mess
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Holy beautiful wiring work!
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Thread Information