Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Afghanistan Plane Crash

747-400.

I'll have to check I think Mr. Sheets worked at northwest airlines.when I was there.......

no engine failure the way the plane wiggled, It was definatly a CG load shift. May my fellow aviators rest in peace.
    motown muscle southern chapter "we find rust free material for the michigan masses"

08 Mustang GT broke but beautiful

99 saturn SL1 with the air box removed for POWER!!!!
    Ford Chrysler or GM it doesent matter to me as long as its domestic.

Quote Originally Posted by LTLHOMER View Post
    What the heck happened?
    They think that the load shifted to the tail, which caused it to pitch up and stall. They were too low to pull out of it.

2 of them were former NWA pilots.......
    motown muscle southern chapter "we find rust free material for the michigan masses"

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Slow View Post
    They think that the load shifted to the tail, which caused it to pitch up and stall. They were too low to pull out of it.
    They were doomed from the start. Even if they could have gotten the nose down the load would have shifted back forward and messed up the CG in the opposite direction. (seasaw affect) it would have dove nose first into the ground.

We had a A320 at northwest that had a CG load shift at Rotation (take off). The pilots slammed it back onto the strip and went off the other end of the runway trying to stop. The shifting load destroyed the pressure bulkhead in the tail. The plane was brand new, so NWA bought it from the lease company and had airbus send tech's out to re-build the pressure bulkhead. It took 8 months before she was airworthy again.
    Last edited by ASRoff; 05-01-2013 at 11:38 PM.

Ooooo Back to school back to school I'm so cool

One of the guys on that plane was from Trenton, His wife of four weeks is a good friend of my ex as thier kids play on the same hockey team together or something like that. I was talking with her last night an she was telling me about it, hard to imagine being married to someone for a few weeks and then something like that happens. Pretty sad.

I think where most of you have your problems with all of this, is the fact that you really don't fully understand the internal workings and dynamics of the common combustion engine. There is no magic tune up, and motors are stupid. The only time a motor will complain is when something is wrong.

Thread Information