Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for tires/wheels and noticed a lot of takeoffs listed

Default Looking for tires/wheels and noticed a lot of takeoffs listed

I'm looking for some tires/wheels and noticed that there are a lot of takeoffs out there. Seems like some are overpriced and some are a solid deal. Facespace Marketfarce is a PITA to weed through the scammers on.

Mostly looking for Jeep Wrangler takeoffs with BFG ATs, 285/70r17. Pretty much all the modern Rubicons get these with varying wheels. The 315/70r17 BFG ATs seem to be a good bit more pricey, regardless of whether they're the factory beadlock wheels with beauty rings or not.

I also noticed that GM fullsize truck tires/wheels (275/60r20) seem to go for the same price, but for only 4 instead of 5. What is going on there?

Anyone know of a place that isn't a scam?

I have some 285/70-17 duratracs for $700 for sale

Also this here at belle seems like a real awesome dealIMG_2976.jpeg
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Duratracs or preferably BFG ATs is what I've been looking at. They're going on a YJ with 4.88 cogs and a hundred-nothin' horsepower 2.5L so I don't want to go any bigger than about a 34.5" actual diameter tire and don't want to go smaller than 32" actual diameter. I have 31x10.50r15 with 15x8s on it (tires measure about 30.8") and it's a PITA to drive because first gear is used to roll about 5' then you need to shift and it doesn't have enough snot to start in second gear. 285/70r17 to 315/70/17 are about perfect in size.

I need wheels also and was just going to use adapters to get from 5x4.5 to 5x5 of the JK/JL. I have a Teraflex knuckle to go on it, and I need 17" wheels to fit it.

I've looked at "affordable" wheels for it, and it seems like most of them are targeted towards angst filled scorned soccer dads. I'm a simple person and want simple wheels.

The tires are going to age out before they wear out due to very limited driving on a stupid light vehicle so having something that takes forever to weathercheck like BFG ATs and Duratracs is perfect.

Well that Belle tire deal is usually a $330 tire
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Quote Originally Posted by dline View Post
    I have some 285/70-17 duratracs for $700 for sale

Also this here at belle seems like a real awesome dealIMG_2976.jpeg
    I just replaced my 2013 F150 315/70/17 BFGs (Load Range E) with the Goodyears in the same size (Load Range C). They are better than stock but the load capacity per tire is lower than the E rated tires. I dont think these tires are rated for enough/ tire for most modern trucks. So far I have been happy with them.
    Last edited by mustangmike6996; 05-22-2024 at 01:28 PM.

I wouldn’t even question it 34.5” tires for $740 for 4
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

It seems that these are not great tires and I suspect they're cheap because no one likes them on their Bronco... and I was told Ford is switching to the BFG KO3 on their Bronco.

If you need something round and black to get you down the road it's a sweet deal...

Maybe or just buy 2 sets for the price of the bfgs
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Quote Originally Posted by wrath View Post
    It seems that these are not great tires and I suspect they're cheap because no one likes them on their Bronco... and I was told Ford is switching to the BFG KO3 on their Bronco.

If you need something round and black to get you down the road it's a sweet deal...
    I have them on our Bronco too. They are pretty good but throw a lot of rocks due to the tread pattern. I really liked the KO2s, but for half teh price, I couldnt pass them up.

15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Thread Information