Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: LSX time???

thanks guys
    Jon
    URDONE4 Racing
    Stock 93' notch
    14' 300s - DD

it is scary how close my car is to looking like yours.... 216742_10150395873250278_678345277_10431752_1321827_n.jpg
    same hood, lights, bumper, window tint, wheels (but not black), removed spolier and almost identical color... Heck I think it even has the same radio as yours...
    Last edited by Mustang5oh; 08-12-2011 at 02:57 PM.

haha yes, darkos car. i wanted to but it just to have two. good pick up
    Jon
    URDONE4 Racing
    Stock 93' notch
    14' 300s - DD

Quote Originally Posted by jtcstrat View Post
    haha yes, darkos car. i wanted to but it just to have two. good pick up
    Yeah I just got it from him last Friday, couldn't be happier so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang5oh View Post
    Yeah I just got it from him last Friday, couldn't be happier so far!
    Do you have a custom plate on the car?

1998 C5- Supercharged to keep up with traffic
    2004 F-250 Superduty

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadSn95 View Post
    Yeah it says "Ispnkdu1badsn95" j/k

John I saw your car at Gregs, looking good man!!
    I have a bad case of Automotive A.D.D.

WWW.DETROITRACING.COM

Quote Originally Posted by 91trunk View Post
    Now this is an acceptable use of photos and video's in the Pub.

thanks, still working out the bugs
    Jon
    URDONE4 Racing
    Stock 93' notch
    14' 300s - DD

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadSn95 View Post
    only custom plate I have is the stupid pink one taped to the back window lol

Well guys i know its been a while, for those of you who have been fallowing my thread i appreciate the support and the patience. Well its like last year all over again, as you guys know i got fucked over some bad pistons, well this year i built it better with a nice set of $1700 diamond slugs. got the car back together with the new turbo cams and auto, got it on the dyno and everything went good it seems, car made more power and felt great.

1st problem i ran into was the car was exploding oil filters, 200psi on start up. i saved the motor each time luckly, tore it down and found my melling pump's bypass valve was stuck, so i went with a TSS oil pump and have has no problems since. I will never use mellings garbage again.

a few weeks later i was at the top of 3rd and the car just shut off and wouldnt re fire, come to find out i blew the stock plastic intake apart and it hurt the maf, i also checked compression at this time just to be sure and it was 160-180 on all holes. so i upgraded to the edelbrock vr jr intake with a wilson elbow and 90mm wilson tb. got the car back on the dyno and re tuned, i then ran into a fuel pressure issue and got that sorted out as well, same boost the car picked up 100 hp with those changes. i was really impressed.

Finally for the first time in 3 years, battling ongoing issues with this car i made it to the track, i was very excited, off the trailer, leaving soft foot braking, short shifting and in and out of the throttle getting use to the car, first pass ever un tested the car went 10.1 @ 137 with a 1.7 60", i was very happy with that for my first pass in 3 years with this set up. i let the car cool down and decided to give it another shot, i told myself one more foot brake hit then ill try the trans brake... well i shoulda just went home lol.....

Second pass i left about the same and shifted the car higher in the rpms, stayed in it and about half track or more i just started sliding, almost hit the racer next to me and luckly saved it, well the coolant hose blew off, and not for no reason. in the process the car shut off on me, got it back to the pits and pulled plugs, yup something catastrophic went wrong...again, just my luck huh? got the car home and started tearing it down to pull it again, did a compression check, 6 holes are at 30psi and the back 2 are at 0... im thinking not enough timing and too rich cracked the cylinder causing the coolant system to pressurize n blowing the hose off.

this time around i built this damn thing to the moon, all nice parts, im being told it could have been my tune, i used the same tuner as last year.

tuned on 110, 10.8 a/f 17* timing, im being told thats way too rich and can do just as much damage to my motor as to lean. i will be pulling the motor shortly to check the pistons and heads.

Here are soem pics of the plugs from this blow motor:

Here is the vid of the car blowing up down the track, seems like some fuel smoke to me at first before the coolant hose blew off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7pEeZB54-4&noredirect=1

sucks for sure, all a part of racing i guess, ill be on my 4th built motor now, if i decide to rebuild this thing again i will be putting a FAST in the car.
    Jon
    URDONE4 Racing
    Stock 93' notch
    14' 300s - DD

It's such a shame that this happend the car was looking really good. it was nice meeting you. I'm the guy who was driving the silver jeep, I was with moe makki and Jason.

Thread Information