Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Got'r Done!

Quote Originally Posted by Uthinkso View Post
    I can attest Larrys heads are shit. A good set of AFR's or well ported LQ9 catings and that thing would wake right up.
    Heads dont mean anything to me, look at Quasar...Cam only going 11's. Heads would be a bonus to his car whether shit heads or not.
    KFP Racing

I can attest Larrys heads are shit. A good set of AFR's or well ported LQ9 catings and that thing would wake right up.
    Larry's Heads aren't shit...his Cam is, my SS with just stock 346 and the EXACT same heads as him but Seans Cam made more rwhp then larry's 382 did....

many others have made plenty of power with the cam I have
    I don't think Q's car has been in the 11's with that the cam. It ran 11's with bolts on's though
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by SS4Matt View Post
    Larry's Heads aren't shit...his Cam is, my SS with just stock 346 and the EXACT same heads as him but Seans Cam made more rwhp then larry's 382 did....

I've seen SEVERAL cars with different heads and the identical cam make between 480-500rwhp on a mustang dyno.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    many others have made plenty of power with the cam I have
    I don't think Q's car has been in the 11's with that the cam. It ran 11's with bolts on's though
    What does Q's car have to do with your heads. Focus, stay on topic. Not to mention Q's cam is not the same as yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Rush View Post
    Heads dont mean anything to me, look at Quasar...Cam only going 11's. Heads would be a bonus to his car whether shit heads or not.
    Agreed with quasar. However Larry has a decent sized engine and camsahft. He could stand to benefit from a more efficient set of heads. Thats all I'm saying.

I keep saying just cause the heads work Ok on matts stock cubes doesn't mean they flow well enough or have the proper velocity for larger displacement but no one else agree's
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    I keep saying just cause the heads work Ok on matts stock cubes doesn't mean they flow well enough or have the proper velocity for larger displacement but no one else agree's

That is EXACTLY my point. Your heads probably work fine for a 346ci. You really need something with a larger runner that will move more air volume so you can fill the now taller cylinder bore. At the same time the head still needs to have velocity and be efficient. Its not all about size here, you could have a set of 255cc runner heads that are just dead flat because of a mis-matched cam or bad port work on the head that just leaves them flat. While the cam is the conductor of the orchestra, its only one piece to the equation.

People have really done well with the DART 225's, just order them bare and put your own spring and valve package with them and you will be much happier. Another bottle neck is the intake manifold, although that is an argument for the ages. I'm not sold that in ported form the FAST is any better than the ported LS6 or LS2.

how about ported TFS 225's

Agreed with quasar. However Larry has a decent sized engine and camsahft. He could stand to benefit from a more efficient set of heads. Thats all I'm saying.
    Of course he could benefit from a larger head, but not everyone has the money to do it. I think his car runs damn good for what it is, displacement to me doesnt mean much. I have a buddy that has a 382ci that only runs 11.6s. When i asked larry to race he brought up his heads being junk, and i was saying the heads wont make the car..
    KFP Racing

Thread Information