Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: roll cage 8 or 10

Quote Originally Posted by johnquick302 View Post
    or that ls1 you have in there.
    most ls1's run decent. I don't have the good stuff though
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    most ls1's run decent. I don't have the good stuff though
    turbo ones, but what doesnt run good with a turbo?
    ill make ya famous...
    WWW.JOHNQUICKRACING.COM

ok honestly i think you need to just get ahold of a good head/cam guy and start fresh. lay down what you want to achieve, your budget, and what you have for parts already and go from there..thats going to be the only way to get anywhere
    SCOUTS OUT!

well the everythings built already and in the car im working on the cage and the ionterior for the winter project them im going to milan and going from there last time i drove it on the street i got pulled over less then amile from my house so after all that. im thinking know just to build a backup motor while i have the block

turbo ones, but what doesnt run good with a turbo?
    there are some 8 second NA ls1's
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Ron knows his stuff, but the head work can get expensive. I had quite a bit into my TFS heads from him. As far as cams go, Ron said w/ comp you're not limited to their blanks anymore, which is why he now uses them vs. LSM (which were roughly $600/ cam).

Hey QuickLX- so you never found out what was wrong with the gears? I'd be interested to see if they were defective or something. I've never seen someone break a ring gear while racing NMRA (in the stick shift classes).

Quote Originally Posted by NVR2FST View Post
    Ron knows his stuff, but the head work can get expensive. I had quite a bit into my TFS heads from him. As far as cams go, Ron said w/ comp you're not limited to their blanks anymore, which is why he now uses them vs. LSM (which were roughly $600/ cam).

Hey QuickLX- so you never found out what was wrong with the gears? I'd be interested to see if they were defective or something. I've never seen someone break a ring gear while racing NMRA (in the stick shift classes).
    he can be expensive but you pay for what you get. his shit works plain and simple. that is why roush offered him money to work there, if he was a bum they would have never considered it. id rather pay the few hundred more to know i have the baddest shit out there.

it had to have been just a bad gear. cause i know plenty of fast shit with motorsport gears and they never broke one. one stick car would go 9.30s all day with a 400ci motor and 60ft 1.2s now they have liberty cars running 8s with motorsport gears.
    ill make ya famous...
    WWW.JOHNQUICKRACING.COM

Quote Originally Posted by NVR2FST View Post
    I've never seen someone break a ring gear while racing NMRA (in the stick shift classes).
    Huh...I have many times....go search the NMRA boards, there are all kind of failures like Quick Lx said....deflection of the ring gear due to the shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwraddr View Post
    Huh...I have many times....go search the NMRA boards, there are all kind of failures like Quick Lx said....deflection of the ring gear due to the shock.
    the shock from a trans brake is the same thing, there is no load on the rear when the brake is on. when you let go of the button it hits just like a stick.
    ill make ya famous...
    WWW.JOHNQUICKRACING.COM

the shock from a trans brake is the same thing, there is no load on the rear when the brake is on. when you let go of the button it hits just like a stick.
    OK.

Thread Information