Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: $10k rebates on 2017 Buick Lacrosse through tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Beigg View Post
    i concur. its no hidden secrete that leases are just long term rentals lol
    And that's why they are so great. You aren't stuck trying to catch a falling knife.
    Aside from the folks who drive a ton of miles I see little point in ownership.
    I've run the numbers on several cars I've owned and I would have been better off leasing and washing my hands two or three years later.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

cars are a waste of money (I grow deaf ears on hearing this all the time).....who cares how you buy one, purchase, lease etc.....

most leases are cheaper than peoples cell phone payment

the beat lease deals were the hellcats, last year about this time, and all these that end up racing on the streets of mexico, pop the nitrous off the car and turn it in at the end of the lease lol.
    Last edited by dline; 02-10-2018 at 08:22 AM.
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Quote Originally Posted by lucky7 View Post
    3.5 years later, the Taurus is still yours... Buy a used Camry or Accord and be even further ahead.

Anyone else notice the 'little' ripples in the market? Tick, tock.
    No offense, but the prospect of owning a used Taurus, Camry, or Accord is not something I'm interested in at all. I'm an old man, and a hard core car enthusiast. It makes sense to me to drive something I enjoy driving, looking at, and using. Also, I'm too busy to wrench on a daily driver. Leasing makes way more sense for anyone in that position.

Quote Originally Posted by Beigg View Post
    Most leases don't cover normally maintained items with that length of ownership. Unless its a premature wear situation; tires, brakes, & wiper blades are the responsibility of the leasee.
    I've had to buy wiper blades before, and I think maybe tires once when I actually put 60k on a lease....but even in those instances, the cost of the vehicle over the duration of time I used it was MUCH cheaper than if I had purchased it, and I didn't have to worry about it's value when I was done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by mdhmi View Post
    And that's why they are so great. You aren't stuck trying to catch a falling knife. Aside from the folks who drive a ton of miles I see little point in ownership.
    I've run the numbers on several cars I've owned and I would have been better off leasing and washing my hands two or three years later.
    x2. Aside from a car you want to keep for a long time, very heavily modify, etc.
    11 Mustang GT (street car)
    87 Grand National (grudge car)
    Misc old Ford street cars

Quote Originally Posted by Fryguy302 View Post
    No offense, but the prospect of owning a used Taurus, Camry, or Accord is not something I'm interested in at all. I'm an old man, and a hard core car enthusiast. It makes sense to me to drive something I enjoy driving, looking at, and using. Also, I'm too busy to wrench on a daily driver. Leasing makes way more sense for anyone in that position.

I've had to buy wiper blades before, and I think maybe tires once when I actually put 60k on a lease....but even in those instances, the cost of the vehicle over the duration of time I used it was MUCH cheaper than if I had purchased it, and I didn't have to worry about it's value when I was done with it.

x2. Aside from a car you want to keep for a long time, very heavily modify, etc.
    Bingo.

I'd gladly pay ~$2,000-3,000 a year for a really nice brand new car I never need to wrench on or worry about. I even lease a car that I only drive in the winter! I have a ~$60K diesel truck, why drive it in the snow when I have lease an Equinox for ~$100 a month for a winter bomber?!

Anyone have the contact info for Francis ?

Quote Originally Posted by mikesfastss View Post
    Anyone have the contact info for Francis ?
    Call Golling Chrysler dodge jeep and ask for him.

I got it, thanks fellas

I removed my teeth on purpose....if you catch my drift Stalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeFormula View Post
    I think for many of our wives leasing makes sense. The way many of us enthusiasts use our cars it doesn't make much sense. Like when you go off-roading and scratch and dent the crap out of your vehicle. Or when you want to mod it to go racing, etc.
    Right, I mean other than going to the grocery store to get food to cook or diapers to put on the baby, what does a woman need to worry about mileage anyway.

lol I'm so in trouble.
    '13 Dodge Charger R/T
    '14 Druango R/T Blacktop Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Stalker View Post
    Right, I mean other than going to the grocery store to get food to cook or diapers to put on the baby, what does a woman need to worry about mileage anyway.

lol I'm so in trouble.
    Maybe for when you get 1/8" of snow and you need a ride?

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

I removed my teeth on purpose....if you catch my drift Stalker's Avatar

Why would I need a ride? We just don't have school or go to work.
    '13 Dodge Charger R/T
    '14 Druango R/T Blacktop Edition

Thread Information